If left attended, candles can pose a dangerous fire hazard. Some home safety tips to keep in mind:
- Remember to extinguish all candles before going to sleep or leaving the room.
- Do not allow children to keep or use candles and incense in their rooms. Use candles only under adult supervision.
- Never used lighted candles on or near a Christmas tree or other evergreens.
- Keep candles at least three feet away from any flammable materials.
- Always be sure to use stable, nonflammable candle holders.
- Place candles where they will not be knocked down or blown over and out of reach of pets and young children.
- Always keep burning candles high, out of reach of children.